Qualifications and Training:
BE(Mech)Hons (1st Class)
David’s career has developed skills in the operation of various mineral processing plants at an iron ore mine, where he identified a strong interest mechanical engineering. He has since successfully completed his mechanical engineering degree at the University of Adelaide in which he represented the university in the Warman Design and Build Competition, the Formula SAE and the Bridgestone Solar Challenge.
David joined Ingenia in 2022 and provides mechanical design and engineering support for industrial projects for the business, and with project management and work safety assessments.
David values developing innovative solutions and brings new and fresh ideas that further enhance the deliverables that are provided to Ingenia’s team and clients.
Summary of Experience:
- University of Adelaide Bridgestone World Solar Challenge team leader
- Senior Engineering role in industrial, construction, materials handling and food and beverage sectors
- Minerals processing plant operation and maintenance
- Machine design to Australian Standards
- Mobile fleet analysis and improvement (underground mine vehicles)
- Finite Element Analysis – Ansys, NASTRAN
- Computer Aided Drawing – Solidworks, Creo, Inventor
- Computer programming – Matlab, C, VBA
- Engineering Management & Professional Practice
- Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Risk Assessment and HAZOP Facilitation
Education, Certifications and Memberships:
- Cert III Metalliferous Mining Operations (Processing)
- Cert III Emergency Rescue (Mine site response)