Lead Mechanical Engineer
Qualifications and training:
BE(Mech)Hons, DipProjMgt, HAZOP Leader.
Simon joined the Ingenia team in 2012 as a Mechanical Engineer and has developed through Project Management courses and practical experience. He has assisted managing the engineering space and developed multiple engineering and management tools. Through his Project Management knowledge, he provides successful project outcomes for key clients in industrial, construction, materials handling and food and beverage sectors.
Simon is experienced in the full life of a project from project initiation, to installation and commissioning. He can aid in the development of scope of works, project costings, and enjoys the challenge of developing ideas into designs. Simon is experienced in undertaking detailed design analysis to Australian Standards and producing fabricable results.
Simon is a practical project engineer with strong interpersonal skills, when not in the office he enjoys running, playing indoor soccer and cycling, and is capable on 1, 2, and 3 wheels.
Summary of experience:
- Leadership and Coordination of a multi-disciplinary team
- Concept Design Development and Visualization
- Computer Aided Design Modelling and Finite Element Analysis
- Process Development and Production Engineering
- Risk Assessments and Site Safety Risk Analysis
- Failure Investigation and Forensic Analysis
Education, certifications and memberships:
- Bachelor (Hon) Mechanical Engineering – Adelaide University
- Diploma of Project Management – Centre for People Development
- HAZOP Leadership Training – Orica Engineering Pty Ltd
- Cert IV Leadership and Management Training – SG Learning and Development
- Structural Steel AS 4100 Design Workshop – Engineering Training Institute
- Construction White Card – Access Training Centre
- Enter Confined Space and Working with and issued Permit – Fire Training and Safety Services
- Working at Heights – MSS Safety
- Compressed Air Seminar Training – Kaeser Compressors