Qualifications and training:
BIndDes, DipEng, CSWP
Ben is an accomplished Design Engineer with a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design from UNISA, an Engineering Diploma from TafeSA and 16 years’ experience working in an engineering team environment. Having spent much of this time working as a contractor, Ben has had the benefit of working on a diverse range of projects across different industries including mining, agriculture, construction and manufacturing.
During this time Ben has worked roles including Mechanical Engineering and Structural & Civil design/drafting with a focus on sheet metal design for heavy industry, plastic component/tool design, and photo realistic rendering & animation.
Summary of experience:
- Design Engineering experience in team focused R&D and Project Engineering environments.
- Sheet metal design for heavy industry, mining and construction.
- Photo-realistic rendering for Digital Marketing purposes.
- Mechanical design engineering & drafting.
- Structural design and drafting.
- Civil drafting.
- Injection molding part and tool design.
- Experience in generating technical documentation, parts manuals, SOP documents.
Education, certifications and memberships:
- Certified Solidworks Professional Accreditation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
- Diploma of Engineering
- Sustainable Design Strategies